Speech Language Pathologists serve patients with a wide variety of communication, cognitive, and swallowing disorders. Each speech-language pathologist (SLP) has completed a master’s degree program at an accredited university, a nine-month clinical fellowship, is certified by the American Speech and Hearing Association, and holds Texas state licensure.
Why Choose Us…
- Through West Texas Rehab’s continuing education program, we have SLP's who have received advanced training, including:
- Scale and Vital/Stim therapy for swallowing disorders
- Hospital credentialing to perform outpatient video fluoroscopic swallowing evaluations
- Training to provide support and therapy to restore verbal communication skills to patients who have undergone laryngectomy
- Certified LSVT- LOUD for Parkinson’s patients
- Cochlear Implant Advanced Training
Areas We Treat…
- Articulation/language problems
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cognitive/memory/comprehension deficit
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Voice disorder
- Swallowing disorder
Self Referral - Direct Access:
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
- Abilene - 325-793-3542
- San Angelo - 325-223-6300
- Ozona - 325-392-9872
SPEAK OUT!® & The LOUD Crowd®
Click to download the flyer in PDF format.
West Texas Rehabilitation Center in San Angelo is pleased to offer a two-part speech therapy program to help individuals with Parkinson’s regain and maintain effective communication: SPEAK OUT!® followed by The LOUD Crowd®.
SPEAK OUT!® places emphasis on speaking with intent and converting speech from an automatic function to an intentional act. Together, patients and their speech-language pathologist work through a series of speech, voice, and cognitive exercises outlined in a SPEAK OUT!® Workbook.
Upon completion of SPEAK OUT!®, patients transition to The LOUD Crowd®. This maintenance program consists of weekly group sessions led by a speech-language pathologist. The SPEAK OUT!® exercises are performed, and group members provide support, encouragement, and accountability to one another.
Participation in The LOUD Crowd®, along with daily home practice and six-month re-evaluations, has been shown to help patients maintain their communication skills throughout the progression of Parkinson’s.
For more information about SPEAK OUT!® and The LOUD Crowd® visit www.ParkinsonVoiceProject.org or to schedule a speech evaluation call 325-223-6304.