The Speech-Language Pathology Department serves patients from birth through senior adults who have a wide variety of communication and swallowing disorders.
Why Choose Us?
Each speech-language pathologist (SLP) at the Rehab has completed a master’s degree program at an accredited university, a nine-month clinical fellowship, is certified by the American Speech and Hearing Association, and holds Texas state licensure.
In addition, through WTRC’s continuing education program, we have SLP’s who have received advanced training, including:
- Specialty certification in Neonatal Oral-Motor Assessment
- Scale and Vital/Stim therapy for swallowing disorders
- Hospital credentialing to perform outpatient video fluoroscopic swallowing evaluations
- Training to provide support and therapy to restore verbal communication skills to patients who have undergone removal of the larynx.
How we can help…
- Articulation / language problems for children and adults
- Laryngectomy care
- Swallowing disorders
- Voice disorders - including video stroboscopic evaluation
- Cognitive / memory / comprehension deficits
Contact us at 325-793-3542 ( Abilene), 325-223-6330 ( San Angelo) or 325-392-9872 ( Ozona).